View Single Post
Old 12.23.2011, 07:49 AM   #1138
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It looks like Suarez was found guilty of using racist language which, you're right, doesn't necessarily make him a racist but then why use such terms if you aren't? As far as I know, Suarez has admitted calling Evra a 'negrito', but claims it isn't in itself a racist word, although I fail to see how he could use it against an opposition member in a positive sense. But then Evra is also supposed to have said something racist to Suarez, so it seems that both are as guilty as one another.

The Terry incident seems less complicated - assuming Ferdinand's claims are true - but the repercussions look likely to be far greater. If he's found guilty he'll almost inevitably be stripped of his England captaincy and may even be barred from representing England altogether. That's no great loss as far as I'm concerned but obviously a big deal for Terry. It might also affect his captaincy at Chelsea. Will Sturridge, etc, accept being captained by a convicted racist? Will they even accept him as a teammate? I know some of Terry's sponsors are already distancing themselves from him and if that extends to club sponsors his place at Chelsea could be really problematic.

Terry's been acting like he's above any kind of criticism for ages now but his team has always defended him because of his 'Mr Chelsea' tag. He even talks about one day wanting to manage them. But if Ferdinand's accusations are found to be true he may find no way back from this one.

By being so pro-active in its stance against racism, the FA have to be seen to be tough on those found guilty of it. I only hope that because of its seriousness, players don't start throwing false allegations around in a bid to get key opposition players banned.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|