View Single Post
Old 01.08.2011, 04:34 AM   #26
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I donīt know am I right, but isnīt Steve Albini one of those producers who always makes almost same sounds whatever the band is? I think that production style is very boring.

Well, he definitely has his own style which he tends to apply whenever one asks him to record/produce an album. It works for some bands, other bands should have perhaps looked elsewhere (Stooges).

He's a bit old school, that's for sure. I dig 'em. He's great at what he does. Nothing wrong with sticking to a set method if it happens to be what one is good at. This goes for anything. That said, he's also good at sitting back and letting the band man the controls if that's what they opt to do. He's willing to experiment, which says a lot. He doesn't feel as if he has to though, which says even more. Dude's worked with/recorded/produced some kick ass bands/records.

Yeah, I like Albini.