View Single Post
Old 04.06.2017, 08:35 AM   #376
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogologogolo
Am I alone in feeling a bit... Underwhelmed by the new Kendrick single? I mean, it's not bad, and the video is great, but it's no King Kunta...

Not sure if you read the post leading up to this, but I was pretty underwhelmed by it on first listen (and second listen, and third). It honestly wasn't until yesterday when I blasted it in my car simply because I couldn't think of what to listen to that I heared it... it's just a no-frills all-out banger.

No disrespect to louder, but I don't really think it's even comparable to "King Kunta" (though it's more comparable to that song than it is to "The Blacker the Berry," which was my original point of comparison), because "King Kunta" was still a pretty lushly produced track with a lot of moving parts.

"HUMBLE" is just a bang-yer-dead bullet track man. It doesn't have his best rapping or his best lyrics, and it certainly doesn't feature anything close to the production of his best songs, but blast it in your car and I'm pretty sure your head will bob and your windows will vibrate. There aren't a lot of tracks like this in hip-hop anymore. It's just an assault. I dig it, even though I still think MikeWillMadeIt is an overrated, overused and generally boring producer.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|