View Single Post
Old 09.20.2012, 12:26 PM   #320
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Interesting and yes, funny comparison, but I donīt think it has nothing to do with the reality how the Beatles and Sy has worked. I have understood Sy makes the music really collectively and the original idea of some member can change very radically. Also itīs not always the one who has made the original idea who sings. And in Beatles George really did almost everything from the beginning to the end (of course most of the bands each member brings something to the song).

But anyway I like that comparison, because I think both bands have made very inspiring career. Maybe Sy has never been as influental as the Beatles for the popular music and I think even Sy would have sounded quite different without the Beatles, but to me personally Sy is even more important than the Beatles.

Lee is a big ol' Beatles freak...he probably thinks about them the same way I think about SY (or close to it). And the Beatles are my second-favorite band, so anytime people compare them, I'm with it...but you're right. For example, "Hey Joni" is not a "Lee song" in the same way "Something" is a "George song."

People love "Karenology"...that wasn't even his track originally.