View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 09:46 AM   #31
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
The redcoats aren't coming anymore. Time to lay down the archaic tools of personal destruction. It would bring our murder rates WAY down.

i wasn't talking about the redcoats are coming, i was talking about how the laws of the country were framed when the redcoats had just come and that's why the gun laws are there.

in europe at some point only the nobility was allowed to bear arms, same as japan-- different history, different culture.

in america, you didn't have to be a member of the elite to get yourself a weapon, and the people believe it's their democratic right to arm themselves as they please.

what i'm saying is, it's a matter of CULTURE, not of government policy.

you can't legislate a deeply ingrained culture out of a country. we tried that in the XIX century and it required a civil war to get rid of slavery.

the reason why you think so anti-gun is because you live in an urban area with an anti-gun culture. go live in a montana ranch for a while and you might change your mind.

i'm actually wary of guns, i think they should be licensed and strictly regulated, but what i'm saying is that the issue here, CULTURALLY, is not as black and white as european boardies assume, it's not just a matter of a central government deciding what the people will do and the people are going to be "mmyeah ok".
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|