View Single Post
Old 06.22.2010, 04:11 PM   #18
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
I heard about Cassavetes first from the Fugazi song of the same name. Lol, I thought it was the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Fifteen years later my enthusiasm has waned. Maybe my life became like a Cassavets film so the films became superfluous. Recently (March 2010) I borrowed Shadows and Faces and my enthusiasm came back. But it was brief. I am overwhelmed by the quantity of independent films available in NYC. My solution is to take in very few. Plus I cannot afford Netflix or weekly screenings.

On another note, I highly recommend the book John Cassavetes: Pragmatism, Modernism and Movies by Ray Carney. It's academic but not too theoretical.
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|