View Single Post
Old 02.07.2018, 11:36 AM   #22052
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Watched the Criterion Collection edition of Mulholland Dr., it had been some years, great revisiting it.

Oh man, what a movie.

What the hell is it about Lynch that can be so terrifying even when it’s simultaneously stupid? Like the “behind the dummspter” scene. All that bizarre tension builds and builds as the guy approaches the dumpster to check for monsters, and out pops a very ridiculous looking hag, with some slow-mo and a sound effect overdub. It *should* be laughable, but I walk away from that scene feeling like my brain has just been raped.

Of course it’s nothing compared to the last 2 minutes, but anyway.

Goddamn great movie. Possibly Lynch’s best, though I’ve always been a Blue Velvet kind of guy, and I hear Twin Peaks: The Return is really the crowning artistic achievement of his career (haven’t seen that yet, though).
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|