View Single Post
Old 06.21.2013, 08:41 PM   #564
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I can't say I'm really as informed about Keith as I once thought I was, and I definitely feel that he's made/been part of more "Okay" projects than insanely good ones, despite being an insanely good rapper in general. Still, I thought Ther Undertakerz was the best thing he'd been a part of since
Octagagon. (The first Octagon, which is the only Octagon)

Black Elvis and Dr. DOOOM are my other big picks, but I think the first Dooom and Black Elvis were both attempts to recapture the feel of Dr. O without having to repeat himself...Undertakers felt fresh to me, but for some reason it was just fucking reviled by critics and I don't know anyone else who likes it.

So other than Uktramagnetic Mc's, that's about as far as I go with Keith. Love the MC's, love Dr. Octagon, love half of Black Elvis, love both Dooom albums, and the rest of it I either haven't heard, have heard, and sucks, or I just plain don't know about it.

I don't know the politics behind behind the whole thing, but why is it that Keith, Kurt, and Dan have never been tempted to make a true sequel? One would think it would have more cult appeal than Deltron, which is still bringing in new generations of college kids who don't like rap, but wish they did.
Heh, I'm kind of kidding... I love Deltron more every time I binge on it for six months (which happens every couple years or so... I'm just curious as to why a proper follow up never happened. Why did Keith even entertain the notion of a sequel with another production team? Why the hell did Nagatco sound so ... I don't remember, honestly, but it wasn't the same. That Octagon sound came from a perfect mix of people. Are they feuding, or are they afraid of failure or what?

I'm a huge fan sev, and have like everything the guy's done. But honestly the last decade has been ROUGH on him. More bad projects than good. And again, comign from a dude who probably praises the bad ones more than 'normal' folks.