View Single Post
Old 08.08.2009, 02:45 PM   #22
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
This is a pretty unfair matchup, like you're pitting Independence Day against 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I already voted for EJSTNS. I like Murray Street, but it was kinda a cultural shock on the first listen, since the only SY I'd been experienced with at that time were Daydream Nation and Goo. It seemed so...bland, like a sterilized version of Daydream Nation. I told my guitar teacher at the time it sounded too much like Radiohead (disclaimer: at that time, I hadn't heard much Radiohead either, beyond some of Amnesiac). I've since learned to appreciate its relative subtlety and scope, but I just can't call it a favorite.

I think a more even matchup would be EJSTNS vs. Washing Machine-although EJSTNS would probably lose that too, but it might be closer than the 82-26 slaughter that's going on here.