View Single Post
Old 09.01.2017, 10:38 AM   #63
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
This reminds me of something...

I have a co-worker who fancies himself a music buff of epic proportions. He always says stuff like, "I have a weird taste in music, I like really weird stuff," and then (because he's young and obnoxious) he'll sometimes treat us to a glimpse into his "weird" musical mindset, and play his Spotify playlist out loud. And every Fucking time... EVERY time... it's "In the Air Tonight" or "Hotel California" or "Bohemian Rhapsody." Like, songs that the rest of us have heard about once a week for the past twenty, thirty years. And of course, we laugh our asses off. He thinks we're laughing because he's not conforming to millennial music tastes, but we're really laughing because there's nothing weird or unique about liking those songs. I mean, most of us probably would never think to put on one of those songs at home, because they've just been pounded into us for so long, and we know, subconsciously, that they're going to be playing at the gas station or whatever, probably at some point within the week. So it's a bit ridiculous.

I guess my co-worker is sort of like that guy in the Seinfeld episode. He plays these songs, and we look at each other like, "what the fuck?" And it's hard to articulate, but... it's just silly.

"This one's for you" he'll tell someon, and then he'll play, like, "Come on Eileen" instead of something we haven't all heard millions upon millions of times.

"I don't know, I just have weird taste in music."
No, you just don't realize that you have the most normal taste in music of anyone I've ever met.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|