View Single Post
Old 10.11.2014, 04:52 PM   #10
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Butterfield's band wasn't the worst in the world. But it just shows how lame the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is when it comes to "membership" that they would be given any consideration. The idea of the museum itself isn't bad but even that has its problems. I visited the place in 2000. At the time they had--and maybe still do--kiosks where you could put on headphones and listen to songs from the acts that had made it in. They bragged that they had every commercially released song by all of the hall's members. It took me less than a minute to find a Bob Dylan tune they missed.

I don't know, maybe a Real Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should be considered, with real members like SY, The Fall, The Birthday Party, Joy Division, etc.--and where Wanda Jackson is a full fledged member instead of this "early influence" nonsense. Then again, there probably isn't enough $ in such an idea to make it work. More's the pity...
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|