View Single Post
Old 07.30.2009, 03:21 AM   #48
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Magnesium
Sooo... people assume that because I've never heard Tool that I'm not already a massive fan of Neurosis or Melvins? I've had Rising playing in a loop since I saw the recent Neurosis thread.

My question was in regards to where I should begin with Tool, not "what bands should I listen to instead of Tool?"

I was replying to sway's "for a better experience...." thing. Just get Aenima.

...Also, sway, it's not a schtick, I listen to "mainstream" music just as much as "underground" music. I don't really pay attention to a band's popularity or fanbase when judging what music I listen to. And I think all music has something good in it, regardless of anything. I just think bringing up their fans at all is a bit silly, and it happens in every single thread. I gurantee there are people on this board who write off bands just because of their fanbase. Which is ridiculous, especially when you consider how many idiotic Sonic Youth fans I've met! Don't judge a band by their fanbase! (if you do) (and that goes to everyone...) (...who does that)

I don't hear any Shitgarden in Tool. Maybe some Zeppelin (I mean, Tool DID cover "No Quarter").

Also, you can get GENGHIS TRON albums at Wal-Mart now, Sway. Does that mean they're popular (no, it just means Wal-mart sells some Relapse Records releases)? Tool have sold like probably 20,000,000 albums worldwide.. just sayin'. They're fuckin huge... so, they're guranteed to have more idiotic fans... but they're still a good band.

I'm just trying to pry open your third eye.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|