View Single Post
Old 12.17.2014, 06:39 PM   #18354
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I can't tell if you mean they aren't/weren't indie cos they very much were.

Reservoir Dogs was a 'true' indie movie but Miramax was bought out by Disney straight afterwards so if we're being pedantic everything Tarantino did after that wasn't.

Ultimately though my point was just that the indie thing now refers more to a style than to a production model. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has better indie credentials than a movie like, say, Sideways yet I reckon that when most people think about indie movies, they're more likely to think of something like Sideways. As Rob says, it's now more a marketing term for a certain kind of movie, exploiting an audience that was found by films like Sex Lies and Videotape and Clerks.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|