View Single Post
Old 06.25.2013, 04:23 AM   #45529
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
Recent enjoyment:
Those dub/reggae records are pretty much my introduction to this music. The Congos' album was the first I got, but it's fucking incredible - I must've listened to it about 20 times since I got it just over a week ago. Really enjoying the Uhuru and Pablo records too. Anyone got some more good Jamaican records they can recommend?
I've been meaning to get further into dub too, it's just so imposing given the fact that they all had these massive catalogues. my personal favourite dub record would be king tubby meets the upsetter at the grass roots of dub, two masters of the form throwing ideas at each other with better rhythms and basslines than most others. also brilliant is scientist, his most famous record scientist rids the world of the evil curse of the vampires, which falls to the darker end of the spectrum but has an undeniable sense of humour to it. the overall best intro though is unquestionably lee scratch perry's arkology, the 9-minute version of roots train is fucking ecstasy.

never understood why this record copped so much shit, it's fucking insane. saw them playing flood live last week, that riff is still burned into my memory.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|