View Single Post
Old 01.07.2015, 11:55 AM   #18430
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. This is a problem come to think of it. Let's go back a little. Any working class films from the 70s generation? There's that Paul Shrader film BLUE COLLAR. Um...maybe, maybe the first half of FIVE EASY PIECES.

I guess I now appreciate how the TV show Roseanne was seismically broundbreaking.

---

Looked up Stillman on IMDB. Two things I wasn't aware of:

The Cosmopolitans (TV Series) (1 episode)
- Pilot (2014)

Damsels in Distress (2011)

Worth investigating?

BTW, I haven't seen METRO in years but I think about it all the time. Lines from that film pop into my head maybe every two weeks or so. For years this has been happening.

---

Anyone notice the paradox at the heart of "bougie" films (Allen, Stillman)? On the one hand, we're shown unhappy, neurotic, often foolish characters. And yet the lifestyle is so damn attractive, who wouldn't want to be one of them?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|