View Single Post
Old 11.21.2012, 06:16 PM   #16890
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Prometheus..

Why are robots always trying to inevitably destroy humanity? Its getting old and it hasn't even happened yet!

... because humanity doesn't understand them yet (not completely;not THAT kind of robot) and because that's what we-- or, white-ass pop culture, do with things we don't understand... we vilify them.

Seriously, I think it's probably universally instinctual. if I knew anything about the way Africa, or the Navajo, viewed robots/artificial intelligence in general, I'd be tempted to make such a claim. but it's true all over the world and throughout history in terms of the way people view and interpret the actions and motivations of any person, thing, culture, trend, or idea that falls outside their own understanding.

Then again, it may just be that "nice" robots/aliens might just be boring as fuck. I mean, there's Robocop, and.. hmm. The kid from AI? Naw, even he was super creepy in a way. lol!
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|