View Single Post
Old 03.13.2009, 10:16 AM   #54
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard SCG play stuff that sounds like no other band ever. I mean, I have well over 100 albums by them, so I can say that pretty safely. They're definitely original, even though the bulk of their material is loose jazz stuff or exploring the music of the middle East.

You don't find Branca's oddly-tuned, oddly-strung guitar symphonies of noise original? Sure, the compositional techniques aren't original but even today there's no one that sounds like him... well, except Rhys and Sonic Youth, of course, but they're very closely associated to what Branca was doing.

Also, I think in time, Harry Partch will be looked at as one of the most important musicians of our generation.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|