View Single Post
Old 04.12.2019, 07:04 AM   #25
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSleuth
If on any other day there's an abundance of knives and no spoons, except for that one particular day when I need a knife and there are none but only 10,000 spoons. That is, the reality is different from or the opposite of what is reasonably expected (not hoped for or needed).

Well, on any other day you’d have a normal silverware place setting, so I don’t know where that leaves us.

Quote:
Agree, dumb... unless it was her intent all along to name a song "Ironic" with lyrics that purport to exemplify irony and yet fall just short of it.

Yes.

Quote:
Perhaps it's ironic that I've put so much thought into something that I claim to be inconsequential.

No, you’re not the only one who’s been bugged by this for years.

The 98-year-old man dying in a plane crash after being afraid of dying in a plan crash is not ironic. It’s precognition. It would be ironic if he feared and avoided flying, then took a trip to Hawaii and was instantly killed by falling on his face outside the airport.

Quote:
The Eternal, not a favorite, but it has grown on me as a later-stage SY.

Not me. I still think of it as meh, with a couple choice cuts. Every other SY album is choice with a couple meh cuts (at most)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|