View Single Post
Old 04.07.2019, 04:11 PM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
It was a wonderful album to go out on. It's hard to believe they did not plan it as the last one.

I thought they were doing sessions for the next one when the split happened. I wonder if there is anything in the vaults from 2011ish.

Whaaaa?

It’s easily their worst full-length, official discography album.

It has some great tunes, but to end a career on that? It’s the tamest version of Sonic Youth ever. Even tamer than the overtly and deliberately poppy Rather Ripped.

Good album, “Massage the History” is goddamn great, and I played the thing like crazy when it came out, but it’s the only album from the 2000s that I haven’t felt compelled to revisit with mind-blowing results.

Maybe I’ll give it a spin again soon, but man... when they broke up after that record, I was depressed as hell.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|