View Single Post
Old 10.05.2006, 01:44 PM   #7
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)

D e r e k T r u c k s

he's on tour with Eric Clapton right now

but he's also the Derek Trucks Band
and the Allman Bros' Band

"bEst slide guitarists?"

Music ain't olympics you can't have a best but what Trucks does with his band is pretty damn wild and new and why the Allmans and Clapton do having him on their tours is highlight him as a super talent.

His band came to the Georgia Theater in Athens a lot. I first saw him when he was only twelve. He's technically proficient, but what is his contribution? Is it that his talent excites some into guitar playing maybe? That's all I can think of since he hasn't ever written a memorable song. If I go putting Derek Trucks on the list, then I have to include Bonnie Raitt, Robbie Krieger, Dickie Betts and perhaps even Jeff Healey before him.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|