View Single Post
Old 09.07.2013, 07:42 PM   #16
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
My name is Habte Selassie

Yes, I consider you a real friend by the way, not merely an internet friend 1990s AOL style.

By the way, an era hasn't escaped us. Life evolves, progresses, changes, that's the fun part. Even Sonic Youth was an evolving art, and I think as people they'd be upset that we Sonic Youth fans might somehow find their current projects less interesting. Do I necessarily listen to the other things as much as Sonic Youth music? No. But I dig that they're still doing new things, keep it going in their way, as musicians always do.

Habte is pronounced "hab-tay", yeah?

And yeah dood. A bunch of you. We knew each other for years. it's legit friendship. There's a small circle of you guys that have kept me coming back here year after year just cuz we've known each other so long. It's crazy. You know I've always thought highly of you man, even when we butt heads on musical taste or whatever, it's always whatever. You're my boy.

I feel you on the whole progression thing. And it's not that. Exactly...

I'll be honest, I didn't like the kim/thurston/yoko album at all. But whatever. They always did non-SY stuff like that.

It's not that I'm not supporting. I mean. I've been paying attention to SY post-SY. But more than anything it makes me sad. It's hard for me to hear it and not hear change. I thought the Chelsea Light Moving album was really good actually. But mostly when I listen, I just feel upset that this wasn't a SY album. I imagine "how would THEY have attacked these same song skeletons?"

I'm just not good with change though. That's fact. That's real life. I hate change.