View Single Post
Old 03.27.2019, 05:53 PM   #278
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Agreed. And I think that is why it's a fav of mine in general. The live versions just all kick so much ass. It is the perfect "loud, quiet, loud, quiet..." live song, imo.

I was actually always a bit partial to the version on the Teen Spirit single B-side as well. Always had a bit more of a "raw" feel to me.

So, I actually tend to prefer studio versions, but there was something about Aneurysm on Wishkah that got in my bones.

Remember that era... just a couple short years after Kurt’s death... and it seemed like the wind had been knocked out of the feeling that Nirvana brought out, at least in me. Well, there’s something about they way they rumble into the chords during the verse in that version that made me feel that feeling again.

I remember hearing it for the first time and I actually got goosebumps.
It was not a new song, but it felt like it.

(Also no “beat it!” shouts in the background... I’ve always hated those.)

I’d have to dig back into the vault to find my proper top 5, but I know without a doubt that Wishkah Aneurysm is there, near or at the very top.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|