View Single Post
Old 01.12.2017, 09:25 AM   #2053
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Sessions, Tillerson and Trump, all in one day. At one point, I had three windows open and bounced between them. Then I threw up.

Had to stop the Trump one. Yeah, I just can't even look at him.

I've learned: Sessions is slightly less purely evil than I once thought. But Tillerson is more so.

I've had to turn away from any video or audio recordings or Trump. It's just more than my frayed nerves can stand at this point.

Since shortly after the election, I've been on a print-only diet of Trump Pudding, including online publications of course. I find you only have to wait a few minutes for the latest rant, masturbatory self-aggrandizing statement or blatant denial of facts/manipulation of information to be available in a "read-only" format.

I know this thread has really cooled off in the last 4-6 weeks, but maybe you've noticed that I have been conspicuously absent. All I can say is: It's not a great time to work in the media. Even at the local level, there's a fear in the air about what his estrangement from the truth, and penchant for criticizing and attempting to discredit legitimate journalists, will mean for our profession. Also, even at the local level, he gets at least three to five headlines a day.

Is anyone still holding out hope that he might be a "good guy" in disguise? This really isn't about republicans and democrats anymore. It's about a hostile takeover of not only our government, but our way of life and our perceptions of reality. And because Trump zealots love Trump with the kind of unquestioning loyalty nornally reserved for sports teams and pop stars, very few are coming to the realization that they may have made the wrong call.

Bad times, friends.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|