View Single Post
Old 07.16.2011, 12:39 PM   #14929
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
The Creeping Flesh

7/10

Usually you can't go wrong with Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee (greatest speaking voice of all time, and it's only gotten better as he's gotten older), but I must say the best part of this was the ending (I like twists). Although it did get genuinely creepy (no pun intended) at the climax, for the most part it was hampered by a slow pace (though I've seen slower) and a rather cliched/outdated view of the mentally ill as being violent savages (plus Peter Cushing's character's wife seems to go crazy for no apparent reason)...I've known enough mentally ill people to know that's not the case. Maybe I took that part too seriously. But Cushing was good, and Lee...that man never seems to play a bad role. I even loved him as Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannis, and I hated the Star Wars prequels!