View Single Post
Old 06.02.2017, 09:01 AM   #40783
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's the other way around man

both are drugs

the psychoactive stuff is illegal in most states right now (but that should change)

the non-psychoactive stuff is legal with prescription and the scientists are working on it

basically, medical marijuana is kinda like XIX century medicine. arnica tincture. root decoctions. eye of newt.

what science is trying to do is isolate the compounds and put them into a pill/patch/injection/whatever for maximum benefits and minimum side effects.

personally, i want side effects! makes ideas more vivid. but if say i'm an astronaut who develops pain while doing a 6-month stint at an orbital station maybe the psychoactive parts are best avoided. right?

which makes me wonder how many people have gotten stoned in space. there's gotta be a few. confess!

anyway other uses: sea captains. heart surgeons. electrical linemen. etc.

No, no.. sorry, I know this. I've actually had a few really gnarly seizures in my time. Not enough to be epileptic, but enough to be on the lookout for any possible new treatments that don't completely dampen one's personality (like Dilantin, lithium) or cause a lot of unwanted side effects (Neurontin, Lyrica), or that aren't meds I'm already taking for anxiety that I "can't" take more for of for another reason.

I know where things stand with the psychoactive element of cannabis (hell man, I am from Washington after all ), and I am (or thought I was) up-to-date on the non-THC cannibanoids or whatever. My comment was just a response to confusing posts here in this thread.

But I get it — the CBDs are being still in the testing phase, so while some results might be available, they're still not legal, because nobody knows exactly what the fuck to do with them yet.

But evollove had me perking up when it seemed that he was suggesting that CBD edibles were somehow on the market and legal. I know THC edibles are on the market and legal in places. I know that the legality of THC is in a really confusing state of constant flux, where municipalities and such can choose to open dispensaries, even in non fully-recreational states, but that those decisions are always in danger of being shut down by existing federal restrictions.

As for getting high in space ...
(sidenote: this is why I love talking to you... we start on one topic, and end up talking about how astronauts get fucked up. You can't ask for more interesting conversation)

... I'm, like, 99.999% sure that anyone venturing into the big black goes with a fully stocked medicine cabinet. Space madness is a real thing! You can bet your motherloving arse that our pioneering helmeted-heroes head into the void with more Valium, morphine, anti-convulsants, sleep medications, muscle relaxants and, likely, high-potency smart drugs and amphetamines than they could hope to take in a lifetime.

Plus, I'll bet they have a shit-ton of crazy space-drugs made just for this purpose by NASA. Probably no weed, but I'll bet there's at least some kind of superdrug that kills pain, relieves anxiety, stimulates focus, increases strength, and so on ALL AT ONCE.
Basically, I'll bet they have the Limitless drug, and I'll bet it fucking rocks, and does everything you need it to.

So... after writing that paragraph, I've decided to join NASA as a drug monkey. I'll write about my experience and make a best-seller out of it.

These are great ideas I'm having. Who needs weed?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|