View Single Post
Old 09.17.2014, 08:22 AM   #23
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I don't get "Hotwire" and "Bubblegum."

I dislike them, sure, but my point is I don't get them. Why put lightweight covers in the middle of such serious original material?
Bubblegum is ok song (quite typical b-side single song of SY), but not fit at all in EVOL. Hotwire...well, itīs not as great as the other songs in album, but somehow I think it belongs into Sister (maybe because I have listened it with the whole other album from the beginning). Of course they could have put Masted-dik instead of it, but I think Hotwire fits into Sister better than Master-dik. Itīs a shame the band version of Master-dik is not in the Master-dik-e.p.

I think Bubblegum is originally just bonus in the EVOL-cd, like there are bonus material in the BMR-cd & also Master-dik is in the Sister-cd. EVOL-cd came after vinyl. Those days people in record business seemed to prefer cd to vinyl. It was said that vinyl will disappear wholly. I remember there were record collectors that changed their vinyls to cd. I am glad this prediction never happened.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|