View Single Post
Old 07.25.2010, 05:47 AM   #3
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I was never a fan of Grunge, plus if you were angry you should've listened to music that would've made you feel less angry and more in love with the world, not even more angry, which is very counterproductive. Around 1993 there were brilliant, lush, dream pop bands around like Kitchens of Distinction, The Sundays, Slowdive, Cocteau Twins etc that you should've listened to.

I listen to what I relate to. Back then I was angry. I didn't like feeling angry, but listening to to music I could relate to reminded me that I wasn't the only person that was angry, thus...aided me in feeling comfortable w/ the fact that I was angry. Made the experience more tolerable, and in the long run I gained some pretty fond memories as a result.

I'm not into that "running away from my problems" shit. I'm not going to mask my emotions with things my emotions fail to identify with...I run with my problems. I become my problems, and they become me. We fuck, we fall asleep next to each other, we wake up and go to work with one another. We get over whatever it is that is causing us to feel ill...together.