View Single Post
Old 10.05.2008, 12:57 PM   #311
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massassinated
I'm more impressed by Keiji Haino, Nels Cline, James Blackshaw, Carlos Montoya or Sonny Sharrock than by Jimi Hendrix, but still, he was one of the all-time greatest guitarists all the same.

sonny sharrock definitley.

hendrix to me goes beyond his guitar playing though, yknow? sometimes, these musicians just have something extra going on inside them that no one else can seem to fathom what it is, like they no something we dont. call it soul, call it spirit, but people like miles, coltrane, ornette, fahey, beefheart, sun ra, etc.. hendrix had this in spades, watching him play, especially in the band of gypdies video, is like watching god posess a human guitar player and playing the riffs of heaven. i dont wanna debate whos better and who isnt better than hendrix, its tedious and pointless. the guy deserves better than that.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|