View Single Post
Old 12.05.2016, 11:52 AM   #1931
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
"Shortly after Beccone declares his undying support for the president-elect, a political discussion at the bar heats up, then erupts into a chant of, 'Trump! Trump! Trump!' When a lone female voice calls out, 'Hillary!' a man yells: 'Kill her!'"

Why did Donald Trump win? Just visit Luzerne County, Pennsylvania

If you care about the "how?" and "why?" questions of Trump's win, and you're interested in understanding the thought process of flipped Obama voters who now support Trump, this is a very compelling article.
It's also wholly unsettling on multiple fronts. Economics, healthcare and job security (socially appropriate) concerns aside, racial tensions and Dictionary.com's word of the year "xenophobia" does seem to have contributed very directly to the outcome of the general.

Anyway, this is a nice little window into the kind of community in which I find myself after spending most of my life in the liberal "paradise" (bacchanalia?) of the Pacific Northwest.

the BIG problem with these articles are that they don't look at how self-serving and exculpatory the people are being. I (used to) work with just the type of folks in the article. And, since I am white and blue eyed and don't talk a bunch, they generally felt free to express themselves. And, what the majority of them wanted was to see a white, male, gun owning society. That and tax cuts. Peel back the onion (I was going to say something else ) and you'll find just that.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|