View Single Post
Old 06.04.2009, 10:15 AM   #30
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
They'll give it a.. oh... let's see, how much ad space did Matador buy from them this week? I'd say they'll give it a 7.9. And they'll say something along the lines of "Mixing Rathered Ripped's pop experimentation with a noisier edge, recalling their (pardon the pun) 'sonic youth'... freed from major label constraints" blah blah blah blah "...The band sounds more energetic and revitalized..." blah blah blah "Very consistent [mentions and half-apologizes for NYC Ghosts and Flowers' original review]" blah blah blah and finally, "Sonic Youth is back!"

There ya go!

I'll go along with that haha (definitely a mention that it's a concept album of their past, with the 'no wave' of Anti-Orgasm) - I've yet to see a review of The Eternal which has convinced me that the reviewer has actually listened to it (or listened to it properly and more than once). Apart from maybe the suprisingly generous NME one (8/10).
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|