View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 01:09 AM   #20
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
mp3 will kill some of the dynamic range. when you say the snare sounds a little out of phase what do you mean? it is either in phase or it is out of phase. i guess though if there were multiple mics used on the snare close toghether and both used in the mix you are likely to have phasing issues. is there no bottom end in the snare at all? i guessing all these mixes are just rough mixes any way and not the final mixes for release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambu hodo
in the mixes that i am hearing now, the drums sound very compressed and the levels are way down. theres basically no dynamic range, and the snare sounds a little out of phase at times (especially on "incinerate"). as far as width, the drums don't seem to be panned nearly as widely as the guitars. the EQs are pretty bottom-heavy, not just on the drums, but on the entire mix. sounds a little muddy sometimes, but then again, it does seem to work with kim's voice.

that said, i had similar feelings before sonic nurse came out, and everything sounded great when i bought the official cd. i hope the mix is a lot better on the actual album, and i have a feeling it will be.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|