View Single Post
Old 03.07.2015, 07:23 AM   #14
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The guitars starting at around 2:26 on Washing Machine the song alone are a major achievement for them as a band. Also proof that wearing your Velvets influence on you sleeve is beneficial to most rock bands but only few can master it the same way SY has done on this record. Great record.

I remember I was driving down to London on the motorway with a few friends and we had this album on. It was like 3am, the roads were dead, pitch black, and there was only the motorway lights on.
Around that moment on Washing Machine I remember we'd all shut up and just listened to the song. When it got to that point where the noise starts to kick in a notch I remember putting my foot on the accelerator 80, 90, 100 then reaching 110mph, then just desperation the throw the car off the road. I can't describe it really. Coming to the end of the song I just let go of the accelerator till it dropped down to 60mph and it felt like we were pretty much crawling. After that song ended it goes into Unwind and there was this odd calm around us all. Music to to Crash Your Car to indeed.

If anything, it highlighted the perfect track order on the album.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|