View Single Post
Old 03.06.2015, 03:53 PM   #1
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, so I've been on a near-exclusive Sleater-Kinney run since No Cities To Love came out. I've been listening to S-K's entire discography back and forth and just marveling. That is until Girl In A Band came out. For whatever reason it inspired me to put on Washing Machine today. Loud. When asked, I typically point to Sister and Daydream Nation as SY's zenith. But man, someone can EASILY make the argument that Washing Machine is their high point. Serisously. Perhaps it's the joy Coco brought, but SY is creatively - and technically - so "on point" throughout the recording. It's nothing short of a masterpiece. Thurston's songs are great. Kim's songs are great. Lee's songs are great. They are tight, focused, and weird throughout. I'm just blown away again. Great, great record and a reflection of better times for the band.
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|