View Single Post
Old 05.23.2009, 04:06 PM   #14
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i was thinking about this when i was driving and listening to Wildflower Soul (awesome song)

before Jim entered the picture, i loved the way their songs sort of ran with each other. mostly in their Washing Machine, ATL and NYCG+F albums. they barely followed song structure. i think in the book (Goodbye20thCentury), it was described as guitars running parallel to each other. Wildflower Soul was great like that.

but then Jim came in and sort of structured the way they wrote. I love Sonic Nurse and loved the way Jim influenced them, but i feel since Jim's gone - they should go back to the way they wrote songs before. more free form and more original structures. I listen to the Eternal now and it's a great album but i feel they're sticking to these 'rock song formulas'. i don't know, my two cents.

i'm glad Eternal's getting good reviews but i sort of wish they made another pre-Jim record. rather than post-Jim
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|