View Single Post
Old 05.31.2011, 05:49 PM   #107
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
I need to check out Love & Rockets. I wish I knew more comic writers.

Blankets was really good, beautiful and sad. Jimmy Corrigan is cool, and has tons of stylistic innovation. From Hell is pretty nasty. I had a sour face while reading about 20 pages of this one particular scene.

Logicomix is truly awesome. The life of Bertrand Russell through comics and it's truly interesting and moving. Really well done.

Y'all should check out Misery Loves Comedy by Ivan Brunetti. It's some raunchy, black humored nihilistic shit. Funny too, if you're in the mood.

Calvin & Hobbes is always amazing; it is probably the first written work I really got into on my own and devoured the whole series as a child.

I have some bizarro stuff lying around from my father like The Collective Unconscious of Odd Bodkins, Crumb's stuff, Zap, and other underground 60's/70's stuff.

OH, and I HIGHLY recommend anyone with any interest in comics to get this immediately:

http://www.amazon.com/McSweeneys-Qua...6881842&sr=1-2

It's got a shit ton of different artists with all different styles and makes for an incredible reader. Totally essential. You're guaranteed to find stuff you never knew existed and new stuff to love. GET IT NOW.