View Single Post
Old 12.20.2012, 09:12 PM   #46
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
The way we treat our neighbors and the people around us can literally change the world. These people who go crazy and shoot all kinds of people at schools and malls and movie theaters have lost their mind. However, we don't know that one person could have prevented theses simply by being there to help unburden the pain from these people. So when you interact with people at your jobs, at the your schools, in your neighborhoods, at the corner store and the burger stand or the bus stop or anywhere else we interact with other people, always be positive, always be willing to listen, always be willing even to hug a stranger, because such positivity might just save a life, might just save a person from turning to such hopeless violence. Even if that person was just suicidal, you may have even just saved that single life by a single action.

You and I have had our disagreements, but this just might be the wisest thing I've read on this board. I agree with you 100%. Laws are important, but our culture needs to change. If any of you have children, teach them to love ALL people, not only family and friends. Teach them not only with your words, but with your actions. If someone seems like a misfit, and you can show just a bit of interest in that person, it can go a long way towards how that person feels. Every human being has something good to offer if given the chance.