View Single Post
Old 10.27.2019, 03:21 AM   #99
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
I just ignore the lyrics and focus on the production and vocals. From that standpoint, the album is better than most new shit out there.
is the production even good though....? this is mixed like utter shit, like I was shocked by how appalling it sounds, thin and everything is totally separate from one another/playing at different distances, and not in an auteurist/interesting way, just amateurish. and the beats sound like boring, hollow facsimiles of shit he was doing 3 albums back without any changes or energy OR they're just crap floating sub-alt r&b pisstakes.

at least ye was interesting in that it was crap, sure, but there was a candour to it that was really enlightening as to how much of a contradictory nightmare he is and there at least seemed to be a narrative (intentional or otherwise) that put emphasis on different parts of his persona. this meanwhile is the most disingenuous, sodden fucking wet towel of a record I've ever heard, and how anyone could see any religious profundity in it must surely be in a cult.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|