Thread: Youth v. Dead
View Single Post
Old 03.28.2006, 01:47 PM   #6
cellscape
little trouble girl

cellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to behold
I would hardly label The Dead as Rubbish whether you like them or not. They have a very prominant place in Rock N' Roll history and a very interesting history besides the fact that they are labeled as the first Jam Band. Jerry Garcia also is partially responsible for many significant side projects including Old and in the way that is still the number one blue grass album of all times. I'm not a huge Dead fan myself, I just realize how musically shallow it is to label them as rubbish although I'm sure many Dead fans say the same thing about Sonic Youth. I will say some of the most interesting shows I've ever been to have been Dead shows without a doubt.

If I was to recommend anything, I would say there early stuff like Mars Hotel or Wake of the Flood.
cellscape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|