View Single Post
Old 06.06.2014, 12:41 PM   #273
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
It may just be my bias as a spiritualist but I've always found the neurochemical theories explaining consciousness as being, well, boring. If there is no "self" in the existential sense, than what is there? I dont mean in the egoistic sense of self-importance either. Also, human biology requires mutual cooperation between individuals, competition does not benefit individuals. Our young and old, biologically speaking, require the help of other humans for DECADES of time,indeed for many the first and last ten years of life require almost total cooperative support. So its not an ethical or moral construct or ideal, rather for the survival of both individuals and the species as a whole cooperation is both a biological imperative and a key evolutionary adaption. As to consciousness, it has been argued that consciousness itself is an adaption, but my personal belief is that the opposite is true, consciousness is root of existence for all life.a

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|