View Single Post
Old 10.14.2010, 07:15 AM   #96
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
And it's not like saying the earth is flat....that was something (thankfully) we had the tools to disprove. The superstitious mind believed the earth was flat and dropped into a pit full of demons....basically the same sort of people that believe in ghost (and sorry knox, there is no evidence...if so, please present it). The skeptical mind proved the earth is round. Just like the skeptical mind proved that bad weather doesn't equate to an angry god.

It's correct that at the time that people widely believed in a flat earth they didn't have the tools to prove or disprove otherwise, but then it's also true now that we don't have any widely accepted tools to prove or disprove what a ghost is, whether they "exist" and why it might be that even though there are no cold hard facts regarding what they are there is the cold hard fact that people all over the world have been claiming to have seen them for thousands of years. Who is to say whether at some point in the future science will make discoveries only imaginable to us now that might settle this issue?

Anyway, I saw a "ghost" when I was about 10 years old, it was in the middle of the afternoon and outdoors, I saw a small old man pass through a locked door.

But knox is right about defining the word "ghost", and we can say that if "ghost" is used as some kind of equivalent to UFO (i.e. unidentified flying object, and objects that fly and are unidentified obviously do exist) as meaning some kind of unidentified apparition or apparent non-corporeal entity then we can go on from there.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|