View Single Post
Old 10.14.2010, 05:29 AM   #88
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
There's always going to be those who believe in God, simply because people (in general) aren't comfortable w/ "not knowing". Like Knox said (probably one of few things I agree with her on), it's OK not to know. Far too many people fail to realize this. It's easy to have faith in a higher power and use this faith as a means of explaining absolutely everything. Most that believe in God believe in an after life, which means there are going to be many that believe in ghosts and all sorts of things that have (sorry genetickiss) no place in science or in the lives of those that choose not to believe in things that can not be scientifically proven.

Thankfully, less and less people are buying into this stuff as we are (slowly) beginning to understand how this world around us works. No reason to blame the stormy weather on whatever given god anymore.

People (again, in general) have never been comfortable w/ death, either. Most want to believe in an afterlife, especially one where there is still a sense of self awareness. In my mind I can see how this is (most likely...) bullshit, but most refuse to accept the possibility that death likely just means "lights out".

People live their entire lives thinking their actions will have some effect on what happens to them when they die.

"there could be a green dragon in my trashcan, but something tells me there isn't."