View Single Post
Old 04.14.2006, 12:26 AM   #67
Kursty
empty page

Kursty is as plain as the day is long
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
i download probably more than most...mostly live shows of sy (when available) & naturally, other artists i especially like also.

The primary issue here is that people are flagrantly disrespecting the band with these posts about the "leak" at this, the official site. Your post above Kursty is epecially disrespectful, but thankfully you give the reader enough clues to know to discount your views as "a tale told by an idot, full of sound & fury & signifying nothing."

"Wilco covering SY"?...yeah whatever, flame-tard.

You're yet another moron that I don't want to ever read again & you're ignore listed.

Are you projecting or something? Why such angry reaction.

How is anyone "disrespecting the band"? The only problem i can see if people started posting links to "illegal" material on a corporate website (which this is). If you say it's disrespectful to say to the band that you've DL their album (before if it is possible to purchase it) it suggests that you still think DL is "wrong" and that it's only acceptable if you do it privately when no one's watching you. Such kind of reasoning ignores the new realities. Anyway this discussion about ethics of DL is silly, it's a dead horse. If you feel peevish about it then abstain from it. BUT BEFORE I DROP IT, ONE LAST QUESTION: Are you, and people who share your stance, Christian? Because that would explain your voluntary suffering, displacing pleasure off into the future. This also would explain your (plural) devotion to Capitalistic exchange models (read Althusser)

So for those who are not Christian and don't have reservations about instant-gratification, nor much care for the Christi-Capital Top-Bottom model, what do you think about this album. Do you think Sonic Youth would listen to this? What would the kids @ Ecstatic Peace Say, or Lee's Lower East Siders ?

And yes Wilco covering Sonic Youth... think about it...
Kursty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|