View Single Post
Old 12.28.2006, 04:08 AM   #5
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
you ever see that video of them on youtube? They are possibly the worst sounding band ever. Me and my friend laughed at it for hours...
Oh man... You are SO wrong. A Dead C show is like some kind of a religious experience.

Meanwhile, I feel compelled to share this review:

The Sunday Times October 22, 2006

Pop: New release:

THE DEAD C
Vain, Erudite and Stupid: Selected Works, 1987-2005
Ba Da Bing! BING050 (two discs)

Review by: Stewart Lee

Albums by The Dead C, in their oblique and obtuse sleeves, first dripped into the UK in the late 1980s. The mysterious New Zealand trio shared Sonic Youth’s grasp of the feminine side of pure noise, but their two-chord drones and unfettered improvisations arrived unadorned by the usual self-justifying occult references or art-school in jokes. And while the works of their inheritors, such as Wolf Eyes and Lightning Bolt, can seem like exercises in anti-music machismo, this retrospective is as unpretentious as pretentious rock gets. In New Zealand, lo-fi recording was once a pragmatic choice, not an affectation. December’s show at All Tomorrow’s Parties in Minehead should seal, or sour, the legend.
Three stars

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...409269,00.html

"Pop" indeed!
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|