View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 09:21 PM   #60
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Never said it caused brain damage.

What come down effect? It's called having your seratonin burned through like kindling for several hours. As the drug wears off, your brain tries to return to normal, but, to put it plainly, it physically can't. You're below your baseline seratonin levels.

While you're talking science fine I'm not sure the actual experience of mushrooms is the same as you're suggesting. Sure, LSD has this effect, but I have honestly never seen anyone have a negative experience "coming down" from consuming psilocybin. I think you have the right idea, but I'm not sure the math totally adds up here.

Quote:
Of course a quick Google search of blue light and Erowid shows me that some people feel fine... Others feel sad. I'm sure it depends on your baseline levels.

Like i was saying...

Quote:
People with a tendency to feel depressed are probably more likely to feel depressed during a comedown.

Did you read the link I PM'd you? Several studies aside from that one strongly suggest the opposite to be true, that ingesting psilocybin can have a POSITIVE impact on neurochemical depression disorders. It can BALANCE the neurochemicals, not put them out of whack which indeed you are right LSD and other stronger hallucinogens can do..

Quote:
People with healthier levels probably don't notice it as much. Maybe they call it an "afterglow" ... But it's a melancholy affair for me, and many people I know, and many people whose accounts I just read on the world wide webarino.

Like i said above, personally I doubt this has ANYTHING to do with the chemistry of psilocybin itself, rather is a strictly PSYCHOLOGICAL rather than NEUROCHEMICAL experience you are having. Perhaps you are not fully ready for what your Vision showed you, perhaps going through a depressive episode is what the Vision wants to show you. Sometimes we are only able to heal our psychological wounds by unpacking the baggage, so sometimes psilocybin might be helping us towards healing by pushing us through our psychological ups and downs.

Again studies have found that many people, even in a laboratory setting, actually leave a psilocybin experience feeling almost supernaturally HAPPY and POSITIVE. One study found this effect can last for over a YEAR or more!!

Part of what psilocybin does is it increases brain activity, streamlines thinking. If there are parts of one's thought processes that are negative, psilocybin will activate this in hypermode because one's might have used a lot of their psychic energy to BLOCK it rather than HEAL it. This is precisely why in parts of Europe hallucinogens are used in combination with psychotheraphy in order to help people deal with post traumatic stress and anxiety disorders.. It helps them really go deeply through buried psychological drama. It is cleansing. Sometimes cleansing can hurt at first, disenfecting wounds might sting, even if these wounds are strictly psychological.

Like I said, mushrooms are not necessarily for everyone or all the time, nor should they be.

Quote:
Mushrooms work in a very similar way to MDMA and LSD. The high contains the same basic properties in all cases. Seratonin and dopamine rush, followed by a temporary seratonin and dopamine deficiency.

That is only partially true, did you read the LiveScience link I posted? Psilocybin does A LOT more than this, hence why its experience is so DIFFERENT from other hallucinogens. Indeed MOST people don't even have hallucinations (auditory of visual), instead they have a "body high" and a "mental high" whereas indeed as you mentioned, LSD can be so overpowering because it is essentially a seratonin flood, it is EXTREME dreaming, it is total sensory dysfunction. Very different from psilocybin even if in some ways psilocybin acts similarly.

Quote:
Maybe it's not universal, but from a psychopharmacological standpoint, there's a period of "playing catch up" that follows. This is basically a mini depressive state, whether you happen to knowingly experience it or not. Maybe you're just a super happy dude.

Again sort of, but psilocybin has a different effect on the brain and body than other hallucinogens. What you are describing is textbook LSD, not so sure its the same with psilocybin. Also kindly remember I have not been speaking at all anecdotally. I am not sharing my own experiences or speaking strictly about myself, I am talking about science and research based stuff. Its beyond me, I wouldn't be so foolish as to speak so boldly about a psychoactive substance based solely on my own experiences as everyone obviously experiences psychoactive substances very very differently.

Quote:
I'm not trying to be a dick here. Your experiences are your experiences. Not trying to argue.

I don't think you are being a dick at all, and I am glad you shared your experiences and I am enjoying the discussion as its a unique topic that rarely enters the conversation level.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|