Thread: Mulholland II
View Single Post
Old 04.13.2010, 09:35 PM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedbird
Are you kidding around? What is Mulholland and/or Drive? Sorry, I have a special place in my heart for post-9/11 film. And postmodernists.

I meant Highway.. (hah, even the titles are similiar!)

I've seen everything Lynch has done 500 times, I'm a pretty big fan of his, all his stuff lately has been extremely similar. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that all his latest films have followed the same pattern... double identities (or in Inland, um.. 5 or 6 identities), dream logic, non-sequential storytelling, plots that involve Hollywood and filmmaking in general (moreso the last two than in Highway). These are more than just "Themes", these are different versions of the same film. Strangely, one of his best movies, The Straight Story, none of his fans give a shit about!

Inland Empire, I've watched that one 6 times. I think it's actually sorta terrible, but it also sticks with me, and has intrigued me enough to keep watching it. But yeah, definitely his worst movie. I think Eraserhead, pretty obviously, is his best, though I also have a special place in my heart for Fire Walk With Me.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|