View Single Post
Old 10.31.2006, 06:35 PM   #42
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
You guys are ruthless!

If our friend who originated this thread is having trouble getting through Xiu Xiu, I fear for what will happen if he listens to the more forbidding sounds people have listed here. Brains are gonna splatter!

If I was to prescribe a baby steps program to ramp this guy up to Whitehouse and Hijo Kaidan, I'd tell him to get Crepuscule with... by the Dead Science next. Close enough and related to Xiu Xiu, but certainly a lot more obtuse and deliberative...and those vocals are rough going.

From there to more noisy stuff, the missing link might be This Song Is a Mess But So Am I. That's near enough to Xiu Xiu with the diary/journal confessional lyric style.

Once you get past the early Swans, try to find the album by Toadliquor just to take that to its most ridiculous extent.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|