View Single Post
Old 10.28.2014, 09:25 AM   #18190
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHill51
I've been on a Bigas Luna kick lately after finding a ton of his films on torrents, and I think my main reason I called "The Tit and the Moon" forgettable is because so many of his other films are just incredible. "The Ages of Lulu", "Anguish" and "Caniche" especially. Also, "The Tit and the Moon" reminded me sooo much of Julio Medem's films of the 90's, which get at the roots of childhood, fantasy and unrequited love in much more touching ways. By the way, if you like Luna, I highly suggest Medem's films such as "Earth", "Vacas", "The Red Squirrel" and especially "Lovers of the Arctic Circle", which is one of the most under appreciated films ever and one of the best of the 90's!

i've seen anguish recently, and i liked it. it was made to watch at the movies in its day, nowadays (at home, on a tv) it looks clever it but can't have the same paranoid effect intended-- the mom though! yikes!

the other movie i've known him for is "jamón jamón" which i also liked but hasn't stuck in my psyche the same as "la teta y la luna" did. i still have to see "huevos de oro". his older stuff is hard to find! (legally anyway).

thanks for the medem recommendations. i did like "el sexo y lucía" but never followed through with the rest-- i'll check them out (if i can-- "vacas" seems out of print)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|