View Single Post
Old 11.25.2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Anagrama in LA 5/28/98 and 5/30/98
Diamond Sea in Tilburg 03/18/96

In 1998, they opened a show at Irving Plaza in NYC with Anagrama. I remember being surprised, but it was a definite highlight. That whole show was great. The "A Thousand Leaves" material was awesome.

A few other live favorites, off the top of my head:

Cotton Crown - First song I ever heard them play live, at the Academy in NYC, June 1993. Pure heaven.

Junkie's Promise - Not one of my favorite songs at all, but it felt better live. I loved the ending.

Washing Machine - This was awesome live.

Rain on Tin - I wasn't there, but the acoustic performance from a Bridge School show is my favorite rendition of this song. (In general, I'm not a huge Rain on Tin or Murray Street fan.)

Pink Steam - Saw this live about six times. Never failed to disappoint.

Many others...

Overall, A Thousand Leaves and Washing Machine are the two records that translate best on stage, in my opinion. I never felt that Daydream Nation was done justice by live performance. I consider it to be a creature of the studio. (And it's probably my favorite SY album.)