View Single Post
Old 06.27.2011, 05:12 AM   #38
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Side A (part 1)

Casi Cada Minuto (slavo) - nice disturbing start to the SYG Compilation. Words like textures, ambient, layers of sound should be used in a way that doesn't make the writer sound like a pretentious twat. Alas I am not that writer.

Slot (Diesel) - The most obviously SY (with a bit of JAMC thrown in) influenced with great lazy drum playing! Out of all the tracks probably least like the kind of thing I would listen to these days (who the fuck listens to SY anymore?) but I enjoyed this a lot.

ExFox (SYRFox) - I haven't got much to say about this but I liked it a lot.

Year of the Lips (Genteel Death) - the highlight of side one. This really reminds me of something but I can't think what. The way Sigue Sigue Sputnik SHOULD have sounded had they not been shit. Needs to be released as a 7" single!

Small White (CHOUT) - Starts a bit TOH...and goes downhill from there (only joshing!). Good bit of psycho-surf.

themawt (themawt!) - psycho-lounge doesn't get much better than this.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|