View Single Post
Old 06.17.2006, 01:21 PM   #31
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Now I believe that most of the bands that take direct influence from SY are more underground bands that will not amount to much popularity. It's just that way. But it doesn't mean that the band doesn't have far reaching influence. They tour the world. They have sold a decent amount of records considering the type of music they play. Most people just swallow the lame, watered-down, mass-marketed pop jism, and so they don't understand what SY is doing or where they come from artistically, so they're automatically out of the fold. 80-95% of people will never get SY. They just can't comprehend it. They come from a different musical culture and they just don't get it! But I know that although SY may not be nearly as popular as some of the bands that they directly and indirectly influence, they at least have still reached out to a significant minority of people, and that's ok by me. If you can reach just one person with good rock and roll, then you've accomplished something.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|